In an effort to get clients/prospective clients to understand our methods, I have been working to write an in-depth summary of the physiology behind all this.
The internet is built more for the short and choppy blog articles than the more elaborate entries I would prefer to write anyway.
Thus, I have written a brief bullet pointed summary of the “magic” that underlies what we do.
Progressive overload with weight
- Incremental Progress
- A basic but often forgotten physiological principle
- You are not repeating anything if it is not the same in terms of speed and range of motion
- Controlled speed keeps muscle working the entire time
- Because thorough muscle activation requires skill mastery
- Movements that activate the most muscle are typically the simplest
Single set exercise to muscular failure
- Maximum cellular activation
Total body workouts
- Maximum hormone release
- Combines with maximum receptor activation = greatest result
- To strength level
- To goals
- Not for weak minded
- Requires effort and discipline
- Equipment built for this type of training
- Top-level strength coaches
- Balanced routines
- Gym designed for fast-paced and wait-free routine
- Requires only two 30-minute routines per week for excellent results
- Used by top collegiate and professional athletes for decades
In summary the workouts are designed to get someone to work as hard as they can at the muscular level in systematic fashion. You need the right equipment, coaching, and training environment to do this safely. It is a proven system taken from my time as a strength coach at Michigan. It does not require a lot of time. It requires focused effort and a will push oneself.